Re: knowing which table/schema is going to be chosen

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: knowing which table/schema is going to be chosen
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> I have a search_path that may not just consist of $user, public.
> eg.
> $user, public, test, import
>
> I'd like to know which table is going to be chosen if I do a
> select * from mytable;

> Is there a way to ask postgresql the schema of the table that will be
> chosen?

Hmm - I don't know of a specific function. You could do something like
this though:

SELECT nspname FROM pg_namespace
WHERE oid = (
  SELECT relnamespace FROM pg_class
  WHERE oid = 'mytable'::regclass::oid
);

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: "duplicate key violates unique constraint" error