Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Regression tests have always failed on non-C locales AFAIK. The
>> buildfarm goes out of its way to avoid that.
>
> The regression tests should work just fine in non-C locales.  If the
> buildfarm goes out of its way to avoid non-C locales, then it loses
> some significant code coverage, considering that there are several
> variant code paths for locales, and considering the amount of users
> that use them.

It was discussed here at the time, IIRC, and we put in the check
precisely because other locales broke the buildfarm. Originally
buildfarm just inherited the locale from its environment.

If it is no longer true that other locales break the tests, then I'm
happy to examine alternatives.

cheers

andrew