Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup

От Zoltan Boszormenyi
Тема Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera írta:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>

>> Specifically, I think what you missed is that on some platforms C
>> functions pass or return float values differently from similar-sized
>> integer or pointer values (typically, the float values get passed in
>> floating-point registers).
>>

> Argh ... I would have certainly missed that.
>

>> It'd be less ugly to convert to v1 calling convention.
>>

> Okay -- I'll change contrib/seg to v1 to greenify back the buildfarm.
>

>> So I think we really do need to offer that compile-time option.
>> Failing to do so will be tantamount to desupporting v0 functions
>> altogether, which I don't think we're prepared to do.
>>

> I have asked the Cybertec guys for a patch.  Since it's basically a copy
> of the float8 change, it should be easy to do.

Here's the patch (against current CVS) with the required change.
Please review, it passed make check with both --enable and
--disable-float4-byval.

--
Zoltán Böszörményi

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup
Сообщение: Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup