Re: Either I broke PostgreSQL or I found an ODBC bug

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Either I broke PostgreSQL or I found an ODBC bug
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> I am using the ODBC provider [8.02.05.0000] to connect my postgresql database [8.2.5] with my MS ACCESS XP front-end.
>
> This is what I am seeing:  When I issue a select statement from with-in ms-access, the Boolean field that contain
nullvalues are returning as false( as 0 in the datasheet view).  My expectation is that null Boolean values display as
nullrather than false.  When I issue the same query with-in psql the null boolean values correctly display as NULL.

> A while back I applied the following directions to  MS-Access' [yes/no] type to create a better mapping with
PostgreSQL'sBoolean type.  I don't know if these direction are redundant to what is already provided in the ODBC
provider. Perhaps the operator that I've created is causing the problem I am seeing.
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2006-09/msg00103.php

Using inttobool(int, bool) defined in the above URL, I see the
  following.

xxxxx=> select inttobool(NULL, true);
  inttobool
-----------
(1 row)

xxxxx=> select inttobool(NULL, false);
  inttobool
(1 row)

Is it what you expected ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Richard Broersma Jr
Сообщение: Either I broke PostgreSQL or I found an ODBC bug
От: Richard Broersma Jr
Сообщение: Re: Either I broke PostgreSQL or I found an ODBC bug