Re: Bug in query rewriter - hasModifyingCTE not getting set

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug in query rewriter - hasModifyingCTE not getting set
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> That semantic issue doesn't get any less pressing just because the query
> was generated by rewrite.  So I now think that what we have to do is
> throw an error if we have a modifying CTE and sub_action is different
> from rule_action.  Not quite sure how to phrase the error though.

Another idea that'd avoid disallowing functionality is to try to attach
the CTEs to the rule_action not the sub_action.  This'd require adjusting
ctelevelsup in appropriate parts of the parsetree when those are
different, so it seems like it'd be a pain.  I remain unconvinced that
it's worth it.