Re: [GENERAL] plPHP in core?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [GENERAL] plPHP in core?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> writes:
>

>>Maybe I am just dense, but the argument seems to be completely moot. PHP
>>is no different than Perl or Python in this case.
>>

>Perl and Python don't have "BuildPrereq: postgresql-devel" in their rpmspecs.
>PHP does.

That makes perfect sense. Although that req is usually a flag that can
be turned on/off and
the req is used to create the php-pgsql package. Although it sources
from PHP of course.

O.k. I see the other side of the argument thanks to Tom and Andrew, I
don't agree with
it (in terms of being an issue) but at least I understand it.

Besides people could always choose to NOT package with plPHP regardless
if it was in core.

It would however be there for people who compile from a tar ball or for
people who don't
use PHP but do use plPHP (for whatever reason).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake