Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until

От ruben20@superguai.com
Тема Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Michael:

Michael Fuhr wrote:

>>After upgrading 7.4.2 to 7.4.5 quite smoothly in a Red Hat 8.0 box, we
>>are having intermitent issues with certain online PHP transactions,
>>returning this error:
>>
>>"Warning: pg_exec() query failed: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
>>commands ignored until end of transaction block"
>

> Some previous query in this transaction has failed.  Are there other
> error messages before this one?  What queries preceded the one that
> gives this error?

Yes, there is some incompatibility between 7.4.2 and 7.4.5 with INT type
comparisons, not allowing (7.4.5) something like "WHERE int_field = ''",
so the same transaction failed before the error reported with this one:

Warning: pg_exec() query failed: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""

>>Half the times we run the query we get the error, the other half it works.
>
> By "half" do you mean exactly 50% of the time, or are you approximating?
> Can you identify anything common to the successful transactions that's
> different from the failed transactions?

I was approximating. The transaction is exactly the same, I just click
on "UPDATE" button on the web browser and sometimes it worked and
sometimes not.

Thanks a lot.
Ruben.