Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks, Aleksander!SP-

> 13 марта 2018 г., в 19:03, Aleksander Alekseev <a.alekseev@postgrespro.ru> написал(а):
>
>> Do you have any project related insights as to what I should put in
>> there?

Christos, as far as I remember, good proposal must have schedule, implementation details and deliverables.
Also, it is good to show that you are capable of executing the project, like mentioning your previous project (no
mattercommercial, educational or pet projects), achievements etc.
GSoC typically have 3 milestones, usually this milestones must have some viable results.
There are exact dates, but here I'll put a sketch.
Algorithms. June - implement introsort and timsort, July - design benchmarks, implement some other hashtables, August -
ifbenchmarks are successful, then propose patch to commitfest and review others patches from commitfest, else implement
morealgorithms.
amcheck. June - implement checks for Gin (like b-tree in b-tree, resembles existing amcheck), July - checks for Hash,
BRINand SP-GiST, August - RUM, patch, commitfest, reviews.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Another oddity in handling of WCO constraints inpostgres_fdw