Re: The last configuration file patch (I hope!) This one

От mlw
Тема Re: The last configuration file patch (I hope!) This one
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>mlw wrote:
>

>>>I raised the possibility of moving the pid file only last week.  Tom
>>>pointed out that it acts as a lock on the database to prevent two
>>>postmasters' trying to manage the same database.  As such it should NOT
>>>be a configurable parameter.
>>>

>>This is a different PID file. Sorry, this one is specifically for FHS
>>systems. The postmaster.pid file, as used by PostgreSQL remains in the
>>data directory.
>>

>Uh, how does this work if you don't do an FHS install --- where does it
>put this FHS postmaster.pid file?

If there is no runtime_pidfile setting, (either in the configuration
file or with "-R") no file is writen.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command