Re: Q about InsertIndexResult

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: Q about InsertIndexResult
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I can't offhand see a good reason to return the index tuple's tid.
One reason why existing interface is not good:
Who say, that for one heap tuple should exists only one index tuple?
For example, Oleg and Vadim Mikheev had discussian pair years ago about
indexing arrays by  B-tree: for each heap tuple stores one index tuple per
element of array.

> There isn't any legitimate reason for anything outside the index AM
> to be doing anything directly with the index tuple.
> I dunno if it's worth the trouble to change it just to save one palloc
> per insert, though.  If we ever decided that there was some other piece
> of information that the index AM should return, we'd have to change
> right back to returning a struct...
Agreed.

--
Teodor Sigaev
teodor@stack.net

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Changing the default configuration
От: "scott.marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Options for growth