Re: ADTs and embedded sql

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: ADTs and embedded sql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> a) The client-side programmer has to be responsible for parsing the
> returned string, which could cause problems if the output format of the
> ADT is changed, and

So we need a convention for building client-side libraries.

> b) The impedance mismatch is much greater than that of the built-in types.

A first step would be to make the structure definitions and i/o code for
UDTs available to the client. Perhaps the next step could involve using
those definitions internally in ecpg. But without the first step we
don't have much to build on.
                      - Thomas