Problem with createdb & case (7.1.3)

От Chr. Rossmanith
Тема Problem with createdb & case (7.1.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I'd like to create a database named "NEUROMR". The
command "createdb
NEUROMR" succeeds. But, connecting to this DB fails:

# psql "NEUROMR"
Connection to database 'neuromr' failed.
FATAL 1:  Database "neuromr" does not exist in the
system catalog.

Just to assure the DB exists I've executed "createdb
NEUROMR" a second
time and (as expected) got the message:

ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: database "NEUROMR" already
exists
createdb: database creation failed

Does anybody out there have an explanation for this
behaviour? I'm using
PostgreSQL 7.1.3.

Thank you,

Christina Rossmanith