Strange ODBC error & statement in Server log

От Richard Broersma
Тема Strange ODBC error & statement in Server log
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I am trying to use a clientside prepared query using vb and ado.  Can
anyone explain what I might be doing wrong that is causing ODBC to
complain?

Here are the strange logs that I am seeing:

2008-06-09 10:22:00 ERROR:  syntax error at or near "SELECT" at character 16
2008-06-09 10:22:00 STATEMENT:  SELECT INVALID SELECT STATEMENT TO
FORCE ODBC DRIVER TO UNPREPARED STATE
2008-06-09 10:22:00 LOG:  statement: ROLLBACK

Basically, I'm trying to merge many project level databases in to one
all inclusive database.  I am using prepared inserts inside a
transaction to push to old data to its new home.  However, no client
side error message is raised. Also, instead of seeing all or non of
the records commited, I see that one(actually the last insert attempt)
record gets commited.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug