Re: [HACKERS] money data type and conversions

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] money data type and conversions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] money data type and conversions
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > Can someone explain why our money type in 6.5 requires quotes, and why
> > > there is no int() function for it?
> > Good question.  I wonder if #2 is the answer to #1.
> Added to TODO:
>   * Money type requires quotes for input, and no coversion functions

And while you are at it, add one more entry:
   * Remove money type

NUMERIC and DECIMAL are (or should be, if there are rough edges since
they are so new) are the SQL92-way to represent currency. And, they
are compatible with all different conventions, since you can set the
decimal place and size of the fractional part as you want.

We didn't remove the money type for v6.5 since the newer types are so,
uh, new. But if there are no reported, unfixable problems we should
drop the money type for the next release.

As a sop to make the conversion easier, we can equivalence "money" to
"numeric(xx,2)" at that time.
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California