JDBC driver - is "getGeneratedKeys()" guaranteed to return the ids in the same order a batch insert was made?

От electrotype
Тема JDBC driver - is "getGeneratedKeys()" guaranteed to return the ids in the same order a batch insert was made?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

Using JDBC, I batch insert multiple rows ("executeBatch()"). I then use 'getGeneratedKeys("id")' to get the generated ids ("id" is a "SERIAL PRIMARY KEY" column).

My question: does the PostgreSQL JDBC driver guarantees that the order of the returned generated ids will be the same as the rows to insert have been specified, using "addBatch()"?

The best "answer" to that question I have found is https://stackoverflow.com/a/16119489/843699 , but it is not 100% clear.

Would it be possible to have an official answer on this?

Thanks in advance!