serial type

От Jose' Soares
Тема serial type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I don't know if this was alredy reported, if so, please forget it.
I created a table with a serial data type and PostgreSQL creates an
implicit sequence,
then I droped the table but the sequence is already there, if I try to
re-create
the same table PostgreSQL refuse to do that...

prova=> create table a (i int, s smallint, c serial);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence a_c_seq for SERIAL
column a.c
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/UNIQUE will create implicit index a_c_key for
table a
CREATE
prova=> drop table a;
DROP
prova=> create table a (i int, s smallint, c serial);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence a_c_seq for SERIAL
column a.c
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/UNIQUE will create implicit index a_c_key for
table a
ERROR:  a_c_seq relation already exists

Jose'