Re: Re: COPY BINARY file format proposal

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: Re: COPY BINARY file format proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 15:36 6/12/00 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>Grumble, I forgot about COPY WITH OIDS.  Amend that proposal as follows:
>
>... We should use two different
>magic numbers depending on whether OIDs are included in the dump or not.

I'd prefer to see a single magic number for all binary COPY output, then a
few bytes of header including a version number, and flags to indicate
endianness, OIDs etc. It seems a lot cleaner than overloading the magic
number.

Also, IIRC part of the problem with text-based COPY is that we can't
specify field order (I think this affectes dumping the regression DB).
Would it be possible to add the ability to (a) specify field order, and (b)
dump a subset of fields?

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/