Re: [HACKERS] "DML"

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "DML"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 01:36 PM 6/11/99 -0400, Thomas Good wrote:

>Hee hee...according to Guy Harrison who wrote 'Oracle SQL High
>Performance Tuning' (a great book) SELECT is NOT part of DML.

>It is a QUERY.
>Harrison separates SELECT from DML because it does not alter data.

>Is this getting murkier or do I really need some coffee?

Murkier :)

OK, so SQL can be decomposed into: queries, DML, DDL, DCL.

The queries are ... DQL? :)

> Anyway the two books that
>I've come to rely on are literally on my coffee table at home, so
>maybe tonight I'll have a pint ....

Taking my "bottle and pour it" advice literally, I see!

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com> Nature photos, on-line guides, and other goodies at
http://donb.photo.net

От: Thomas Good
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] "DML"
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: locales and MB (was: Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem)