Re: BUG #2162: Same as bug #1679 - finite() - unresolved symbol

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2162: Same as bug #1679 - finite() - unresolved symbol
Дата
Re: BUG #2162: Same as bug #1679 - finite() - unresolved symbol  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 22:33 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> I suppose though that there's some chance of the constant-argument case
>> being treated differently from not-constant, so your idea has some merit.

> Use a global rather than a local variable.

In principle an aggressive compiler could still determine that the
global variable is modified nowhere else in the executable.  In practice
that will probably get the job done ... this year anyway ...

I did like François' idea of using argc, but the present autoconf
infrastructure doesn't seem to allow it :-(