9.2 branch and 9.1beta2 timing (was Re: InitProcGlobal cleanup)

От Tom Lane
Тема 9.2 branch and 9.1beta2 timing (was Re: InitProcGlobal cleanup)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'll commit this to 9.2 after we branch.  (When are we doing that, BTW?)

Sometime in the next two weeks I guess ;-).  At the PGCon meeting we
said 1 June, but seeing that we still have a couple of open beta2 issues
I'm not in a hurry.

I think a reasonable plan would be to fix the currently known open
issues, push out a beta2, and then branch.  That would avoid
double-patching.  We'd want to get this done before the commitfest
starts on the 15th, of course, so if we stick to usual release
scheduling that would mean wrap next Thursday (June 9), beta2 announce
on Monday the 13th, and make the branch somewhere around that date as
well.

Comments?