Re: location of the configuration files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: location of the configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> The script's been out there for awhile.  It does some things well, and some
> things not so well.  The config files are still coresident with the database,
> and backup is more difficult than it can be.  Meeting all these needs (with
> configure switches, configuration file directives, etc) would be a good
> thing.

Sure.  I'm happy to change the software in a way that *allows* moving the
config files elsewhere.  But it's not apparent to me why you insist on
forcing people who are perfectly happy with their existing configuration
arrangements to change them.  I have not seen any reason in this
discussion why we can't support both a separate-config-location approach
and the traditional single-location one.

Please remember that the existing approach has been evolved over quite
a few releases.  It may not satisfy the dictates of the FHS religion,
but it does meet some people's needs perfectly well.  Let's look for a
solution that permits coexistence, rather than one that forces change
on people who don't need or want change.

Сообщение: Re: location of the configuration files
Сообщение: Re: location of the configuration files