Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Actually, what in the world is the purpose of that code at all?

> Huh? The only other place where we advance minimum recovery point is
> CreateRestartPoint() when we skip the restartpoint. The
> UpdateMinRecoveryPoint() call in XLogFlush() is what we rely on.

I would like an explanation of why minimum recovery point needs to
be advanced at all.  If there's any use for it, it is surely part
of functionality that is not there in 8.4.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode