Re: find close (duplicate) points + create index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: find close (duplicate) points + create index
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Elinor <elinor@wise1.tau.ac.il> writes:
>         After many many minutes, it started giving these lines:
>         server sent data ("D" message) without prior row description
>         ("T" message)

Up till fairly recently (8.0 or maybe 7.4), libpq would do that if it
ran out of memory to hold the query result.  I think you miswrote the
query and it's returning a huge number of rows.  If you actually want
to fetch a huge number of rows, try using a cursor ...