Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

Thank you for working on this!

> Where this becomes a serious problem is if you have many standbys and you do a failover.

+1
Several times my team would like to pause recovery instead of panic after change settings on primary. (same thing for
create_tablespace_directoriesreplay errors too...)

We documented somewhere (excluding code) shutting down the standby immediately upon receipt of the parameter change?
doc/src/sgml/high-availability.sgmlsays only about "refuse to start".

regards, Sergei