Re: Sudden FTS-related error from parallel worker in 9.6

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sudden FTS-related error from parallel worker in 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So I guess the question is why in the world are we doing that inside
>> a transaction.

> I think that is required for some of the parameters like
> "session_authorization".  If user has set this for leader backend and
> we want it to be reflected in worker backend, then without starting
> transaction it won't allow (refer check_session_authorization()).

Well, we're going to need to fix that.  Using a transaction here is
basically a bad idea IMO, and the current complaint shows that it
creates its own set of problems.  Pointing at check_session_authorization
is no argument why it should be that way.

Without having consumed any caffeine, I'd wonder whether looking at
the "source" parameter would help resolve matters.

Сообщение: Re: parallel plan in insert query
Сообщение: Re: parallel plan in insert query