AW: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..

От Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Тема AW: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > committed". The problem is when a client is told something,
> > that is not true after a crash, which can happen if the second
> > flush is left out.
>
> But commercial db's do that.  They return 'done' for every query, while
> they write they log files ever X seconds.  We need to allow this.  No
> reason to be more reliable than commercial db's by default.  Or, at
> least we need to give them the option because the speed advantage is
> huge.

I agree, but commercial db's don't do that.
Oracle does not (only on Linux).
Informix only does it when you specially create the database
(create database dada with buffered log;) I always use it :-)
Informix has a log buffer, which is flushed at transaction commit
(unbuffered logging) or when the buffer is full (buffered logging).
None of them do any "every X seconds stuff".

Andreas

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..
От: Chris Bitmead
Сообщение: Severe SUBSELECT bug in 6.5 CVS