AW: [HACKERS] tables > 1 gig

От Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Тема AW: [HACKERS] tables > 1 gig
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I suppose it wouldn't be overly hard to have pg_dump/pg_dumpall do
> something similar to what postgres does with segments.  I haven't looked
> at it yet however, so I can't say for sure.

I would not integrate such functionality into pg_dump, since it is not
necessary.
A good thing though would be a little HOWTO on splitting and/or compressing
pg_dump output.

The principle is:

backup:
mkfifo tapepipe
( gzip --fast -c < tapepipe | split -b512m - database.dump.gz. ) &
pg_dump -f tapepipe regression
rm tapepipe

restore:
createdb regression
cat database.dump.gz.* | gzip -cd | psql regression

Instead of gzip you could use a faster compressor like lzop, but you get the
idea :-)

Andreas

От: David Sauer
Сообщение: crash if group doesn't exist (postgres 6.5, linux 2.2.10, rh 6.0)
От: Wayne Piekarski
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Update on my 6.4.2 progress