Re: GCC warning in back branches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GCC warning in back branches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 02:15:51PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> I propose the attached.

> We usually don't bother much about compilation warnings in stable
> branches as long as they are not real bugs, and these are the oldest
> stable ones.  So why here?  I would have patched the top of the
> function if it were me, btw.

If somebody were running a buildfarm member with recent gcc
and -Werror, we'd pretty much have to fix it.

I'd say the real policy is that we don't worry about
uninitialized-variable warnings from old compiler versions,
on the theory that they're probably compiler shortcomings.
But I'd be inclined to fix anything from a current gcc version.