Re: pg_dump native format will not restore correctly

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump native format will not restore correctly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Scot Kreienkamp" <SKreien@la-z-boy.com> writes:
> I have successfully been doing text based backups and restores to a few
> servers for reporting and testing purposes for a few years now.  Due to
> growth in the database I am switching to the native format backup and
> using pg_restore to restore the database.  The problem I've run into is
> that at least one table is inaccessible after the restore finishes.  Any
> queries to that table just hang.  Other tables seem to work ok.  I have
> no idea why.

That's pretty bizarre, because one of the standard test procedures we
use is to check that the SQL emitted by pg_restore from an -Fc backup
is exactly the same as a text-mode dump.  I have to think there's
something else you did differently.

Have you looked into pg_locks to see if there's a lock blocking your
query?  Have you tried comparing EXPLAIN results to see if the query
plan is the same?  (If not, maybe you forgot an ANALYZE step?)