Re: Upgrading

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Upgrading
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-07-30 07:53:54 -0400, Amn Ojee Uw wrote:
> On my Debian 12, I installed PostgreSQL-12,

Where did you install that from?

AFAICS, Debian 12 comes with PostgreSQL 15.

> I'd like to upgrade to the latest release of PostgreSQL. So, my
> question is, what is the best way to upgrade to the next release of
> PostgreSQL?

If you stay with the same source, Just installing the new version and
then invoking pg_upgrade (or a variant - PGDG, Debian, Ubuntu have
pg_upgradecluster) should do the trick.

If you switch sources, the setup may be sufficiently different that
pg_dump/pg_restore may be the easiest way.

        hp

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.
Сообщение: Re: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.