Re: BUG #18014: Releasing catcache entries makes schema_to_xmlschema() fail when parallel workers are used

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: BUG #18014: Releasing catcache entries makes schema_to_xmlschema() fail when parallel workers are used
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #18014: Releasing catcache entries makes schema_to_xmlschema() fail when parallel workers are used  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
At Wed, 26 Jul 2023 11:29:23 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Tue, 25 Jul 2023 13:00:00 +0300, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote in
> > 3) has_table_privilegeX() can fail sporadically when executed within a
> >  parallel worker
>
> Doesn't this imply that the function isn't parallel-safe? The issue is
> gone by marking it and all variants as parallel-restricted. It seems
> to be a reasolable way to address this issue.

Mmm. This may give somewhat different impression from my intention.

I meant that it seems that the function may return different values on
different workers for the same parameter. This means the function is
not "stable" or "stable but parallel-unsafe". I think the latter is
true.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18014: Releasing catcache entries makes schema_to_xmlschema() fail when parallel workers are used
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18014: Releasing catcache entries makes schema_to_xmlschema() fail when parallel workers are used