Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-02-02 09:28:03 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by this. DML doesn't confer privileges. If
> code gets executed and runs with the replication user's credentials,
> that could lead to privilege escalation, but just moving rows around
> doesn't, at least not in the database sense.

Executing DML ends up executing code. Think predicated/expression
indexes, triggers, default expressions etc. If a badly written trigger
etc can be tricked to do arbitrary code exec, an attack will be able to
run with the privs of the run-as user.  How bad that is is influenced to
some degree by the amount of privileges that user has.

Greetings,

Andres Freund