Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 02:03:08AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 14 release notes.  You can
> see the most current  build of them here:
>
>     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html
>
> I need clarification on many items, and the document still needs its
> items properly ordered, and markup added.  I also expect a lot of
> feedback.
>
> I plan to work on completing this document this coming week in
> preparation for beta next week.

I have ordered the items in each section.  My next job is to add markup
and indenting to the XML.

FYI, the PG 14 release item count is much higher than usual:

    release-7.4:  263
    release-8.0:  230
    release-8.1:  174
    release-8.2:  215
    release-8.3:  214
    release-8.4:  314
    release-9.0:  237
    release-9.1:  203
    release-9.2:  238
    release-9.3:  177
    release-9.4:  211
    release-9.5:  193
    release-9.6:  214
    release-10:  189
    release-11:  170
    release-12:  180
    release-13:  178
    release-14:  220

PG 14 is a 23% increase over our previous release.  I think the cause is
either more hackers/sponsors, Covid, or both.