Re: Renaming sequences

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Renaming sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 2019-Dec-18, Mike Dewhirst wrote:

> That sounds promising. I would really like the sequence name aligned
> with the table name. I was thinking of simply editing a dump file and
> reloading to achieve it.Is that a rational approach?

I don't find it so, but it seems subjective ... YMMV.

I would just copy the database (CREATE DATABASE WITH TEMPLATE) to a test
throwaway one, do the ALTER SEQUENCE there, point the application to it,
and see if it works.  If it does, drop that database and repeat the
ALTER SEQUENCE in your original database.