Re: faster testing with symlink installs

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: faster testing with symlink installs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 05:06:59PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> TBH I find that Homebrew example pretty odd.  I would understand
> installing each major release in a version directory, but putting
> every point release in a different versioned directory seems like a
> bad plan.

That's a project policy on their side.  The version of all components is
kept around this way to give users the easier possibility to link or use
back a previous version if a component update does wrong.  There are
advantages to such models as well for projects which care a lot about
some precise compatibility that some upstream maintainer overlooked,
while not having to patch an existing instance to filter out only a set
of components.
--
Michael

Вложения