Re: pg_basebackup: Missing newlines in some error messages

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: Missing newlines in some error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > On 21 Mar 2018, at 13:12, Michael Banck <michael.banck@credativ.de> wrote:
>
> > while working on something else, I noticed that some error messages in
> > pg_basebackup do not have a "\n" at the end, resulting in output like:
> >
> > |pg_basebackup: could not get COPY data stream: pg_basebackup: removing
> > |data directory “data2"
>
> There seems to be a few more in the other files, for example this (and more) in
> receivelog.c:
>
> -               fprintf(stderr, _("%s: could not send feedback packet: %s"),
> +               fprintf(stderr, _("%s: could not send feedback packet: %s\n"),
>
> Should they get newlines appended as well?

Note that PQerrorMessage already appends a newline, so if the %s at the
end comes from that, the newline is purposely missing.

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup: Missing newlines in some error messages
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup: Missing newlines in some error messages