Re: Failed to request an autovacuum work-item in silence

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Failed to request an autovacuum work-item in silence
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 12:06 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > Now I'm wondering what will we tell users to do if they get this message
> > too frequently.  Neither of the obvious options (1. changing the index's
> > pages_per_range to a larger value;  2. making autovacuum more frequent
> > somehow) seem terribly useful.
>
> Or telling users to call brin_summarize_range() manually?

Yeah, they can do that to fix the situation with each unsummarized
range, but that won't silence the log message ... oh! Unless you call it
to summarize the range ahead of time -- I think that should fix it.  Is
that what you were thinking?