Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:50:38AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> For the rest, which basically concerns psql, I have been thinking that
> actually using 2) would be the most painful approach, still something
> which does not impact the user experience, while 3) is easier to
> back-patch by minimizing the code footprint and avoids also any kind of
> future problems.

Actually, there is also the case of pgbench, where there are two items
to be careful about:
1) Tweak correctly parameters in built-in benchmark queries.
2) Make pgbench gain an extra option allowing one to run the benchmark
on a wanted schema.

1) is essential to do, 2) perhaps less as custom benchmarks can always
be designed so the query strings are secured.  Most users don't run
pgbench on multi-user, untrusted systems as well (right?), giving less
value to 2).
--
Michael

Вложения