Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 6)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 6)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov wrote:

> And what happen if somebody concurrently set (fastupdate = on)?
> Can we miss conflicts because of that?

I think it'd be better to have that option require AccessExclusive lock,
so that it can never be changed concurrently with readers.  Seems to me
that penalizing every single read to cope with this case would be a bad
trade-off.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 6)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 6)