Re: PostgreSQL on Korean Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Korean Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 01:58:06PM +0000, Zombade, Prashant wrote:
> Sometimes back we upgraded the PostgreSQL database to 9.4.4 and now installation is particularly failing on Korean
systemswith error ??FATAL:  cannot perform encoding conversion outside a transaction??. This is exactly as mentioned in
responseto BUG #13427  http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150812055719.GA1945333@tornado.leadboat.com  No issues
withLinux and English Windows locales.

> For some reasons I am bound to use PostgreSQL database 9.4.4, cannot use higher version for now.

From http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/:

  Minor releases are numbered by increasing the third part of the version
  number, e.g. 9.2.3 to 9.2.4. The PostgreSQL team only adds bug fixes to
  minor releases. All users should upgrade to the most recent minor release as
  soon as possible. While upgrades always have some risk, PostgreSQL minor
  releases fix only frequently-encountered, security, and data corruption bugs
  to reduce the risk of upgrading. The community considers not upgrading to be
  riskier than upgrading.

What blocks you from using 9.4.7?

> The problem is I am new to Postgres and I don??t know how to apply those patches.
> Can someone help me in installing PostgreSQL database to 9.4.4 on Korean Windows machines.

Various providers in http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/
could build for you a copy of PostgreSQL that is precisely 9.4.4 plus the
patch that fixed this bug.  You would miss other important bug fixes, so I
recommend against this.  An application may require a specific major version
(here, 9.4.x), but it should not require a specific minor version.

> Is there any workaround to avoid the error ??FATAL:  cannot perform encoding conversion outside a transaction??

Apart from configuring a different locale, no.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14089: ON CONFLICT allows function variables in index expressions
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Breakage with VACUUM ANALYSE + partitions