Re: make pg_controldata accept "-D dirname"

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: make pg_controldata accept "-D dirname"
Дата
Re: make pg_controldata accept "-D dirname"
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2014-09-24 16:02:29 +0300, hlinnakangas@vmware.com wrote:

> Thanks. Please update the docs and usage(), too.

I'm sorry, but I don't think it would be an improvement to make the docs
explain that it's valid to use either "-D datadir" or specify it without
an option. If both commands were changed to *require* "-D datadir", that
would be worth documenting. But of course I didn't want to change any
behaviour for people who have a better memory than I do.

I think it's all right as a quick hack to remove an inconsistency that
has clearly annoyed many people, but not much more.

Would you be OK with my just sticking a "[-D]" before DATADIR in the
usage() message for both programs, with no further explanation? (But
to be honest, I don't think even that is necessary or desirable.)

-- Abhijit