Re: MD5 Authentication

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: MD5 Authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 04:32:51PM +0100, Raimon Fernandez wrote:
> Maybe my problem is in sending the correct values, but once I'm sure
> how the format is, I'll be sure where to lookfor ...

Not sure if would help, but it may help running something like psql
under strace and seeing what it puts out onto the network and gets back.
There are other more specialized tools for seeing what's going on, but
strace is pretty easy and generally available.  For example:

  strace -s 8192 -o out psql template1 -c 'select 1;'
  egrep '^(send|recv)' out

Hope that helps!

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/