Re: Out of Memory - 8.2.4

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Out of Memory - 8.2.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane escribió:
> > !         /* no need to allocate more space than we have pages */
> > !         maxtuples = LAZY_ALLOC_TUPLES * relblocks;
>
> Uh ... you need to guard against integer overflow in this calculation.

Done this way.  I applied it all the way back to 8.0, because 8.2 was
requested and supporting 8.1 in this way still seems necessary; and the
8.1 patch applied cleanly to 8.0 so I did that one too.  It didn't apply
cleanly to 7.4 though, but I don't think I've ever seen a complaint
about this with so old a version.  It's only a wording change in a
comment though, so it's trivial to apply it back if somebody feels it's
needed.

Sorry it didn't make it into 8.2.5 :-(