BUG #3329: Issue with INSERT INTO for japanese katakana characters.

От Thekkayil Joy Thomas
Тема BUG #3329: Issue with INSERT INTO for japanese katakana characters.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3329
Logged by:          Thekkayil Joy Thomas
Email address:      thekkayiljoy@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 08.02.0100
Operating system:   Windows 2000 Server Japanese
Details:

INSERT INTO statement fails through SQLExecDirect() for a varchar field
where the value ends with japanese katakana character tsu 'ツ'

I tried to run a statement from the application(VC 7 win32 console
application).

INSERT INTO Sample_TABLE (Field1) Values('禁止されたコンテンツ');

This fails. The result persist for any other japanese string ending with
'ツ'.

I'm using odbc driver 'psqlodbc35w.dll' of 8.2.1.0 version. I upgraded it to
8.2.4.0. Still no change.

The server_encoding is set to UTF8. Client_encoding is set to UNICODE in the
database.

However the insertion is successful while trying to insert from pgadmin.exe.
And the same fails using SQLExecDirect().