Re: Postgres scalability and performance on windows

От Frank Wiles
Тема Re: Postgres scalability and performance on windows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:22:45 +0100
Guido Neitzer <lists@event-s.net> wrote:

> > effective_cache_size = 82728                  # typically 8KB each
> Hmm. I don't know what the real effect of this might be as the doc
> states:
>
> "This parameter has no effect on the size of shared memory allocated
> by PostgreSQL, nor does it reserve kernel disk cache; it is used
> only for estimation purposes."

   This is a hint to the optimizer about how much of the database may
   be in the OS level cache.

   Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>
   http://www.wiles.org

От: "Luke Lonergan"
Сообщение: Re: TPC-H Benchmark
От: Arnau
Сообщение: Massive delete of rows, how to proceed?