Re: Problem resolved (tsearch2 inhibiting migration)

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: Problem resolved (tsearch2 inhibiting migration)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 10:20:47PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
> > I agree with this - what would be even better would be a way to create
> > 'subclasses' for things like this, which could then be 'included' easily.
>
> We could decree that a contrib module's script should create a schema
> and shove everything it makes into that schema.  Then "DROP SCHEMA CASCADE"
> is all you need to get rid of it.  However, you'd probably end up having
> to add this schema to your search path to use the module conveniently.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I would prefer that vastly over what I had to deal with this time.  Until I
discovered the "untsearch2.sql" script I was seriously considering the
trouble of backing this out <BY HAND> either in a dump or in the online
database.

Either would have been a stupendous amount of work.

Please consider this change in approach - someone else has to have been bit
in the butt by this one other than me by now.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net    My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org        Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net        SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!