The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.3, which is not compatible with this version 7.4.3.

От Bilicki Vilmos
Тема The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.3, which is not compatible with this version 7.4.3.
Дата
Re: The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.3,
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have upgraded my cygwin installation and it has replaced my old 7.3
postgresql.

My questions are the following:

How can I use the old files with the newer version?
If this is not possible, how can I migrate my database to a newer version
without the old database engine?
If this is not possible how can I downgrade the postgresql to an appropriate
version? (The setup utility provides only the 7.4 version)

Many thanks for helping me,

Vilmos