Re: connection or query affected

От Steven Klassen
Тема Re: connection or query affected
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Dennis Gearon <gearond@fireserve.net> [2004-10-12 08:13:07 -0700]:

>    turn off autocommit

Per connection.

>    start transaction
>    commit transaction

They're statements themselves that change the state of the
connection. You start a transaction, run your queries, and then
commit/rollback.

>    SET schema

It depends if you're setting your search path for subsequent queries
which would be tracked per connection or you're actually prepending
the schema where the table exists in the query.

E.g.

$dbh->query("SET search_path='my_schema'");

- or -

$dbh->query('SELECT foo FROM my_schema.bar WHERE active');

--
Steven Klassen - Lead Programmer
PostgreSQL Replication & Support Services, (503) 667-4564