Re: location of the configuration files

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: location of the configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I have a new idea.  You know how we have search_path where you can
> > specify multiple schema names.  What if we allow the config_dirs/-C to
> > specify multiple directories to search for config files.  That way, we
> > can use only one variable, and we can allow people to place different
> > config files in different directories.
>
> Hm, a search path for config files?  I could support that if it
> satisfies the folks who object to specifying config directories
> rather than file names.
>
> One thing that would have to be thought about is whether to re-search
> the path on each config file reload --- if you first find pg_hba.conf
> in, say, the third directory on the path, should you pay attention if
> one materializes in the second directory later?  Or do you keep going
> back to the same well?  I can see arguments either way.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that.  I would vote for researching the path,
but I am not sure why.

The bigger question is whether you can modify config_dirs while the
postmaster is running.  I would think not.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: location of the configuration files
Сообщение: Re: location of the configuration files