Re: Version 7.2.3 Vacuum abnormality

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Version 7.2.3 Vacuum abnormality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:27:01PM +1000, Paul L Daniels wrote:
> Good evening, tonight while running my routine vacuum, the following came up on my screen:
>
> ---8<---------------
> NOTICE:  Rel xamefiles: Uninitialized page 708135 - fixing
> NOTICE:  Rel xamefiles: Uninitialized page 708136 - fixing
> NOTICE:  Rel xamefiles: Uninitialized page 708137 - fixing
> NOTICE:  Rel xamefiles: Uninitialized page 708138 - fixing
> NOTICE:  Rel xamefiles: Uninitialized page 708599 - fixing
> ---8<---------------

This is a known and, it turns out, not real serious bug.  See, e.g.,

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-11/msg00486.php

I seem to recall Tom Lane noticing (uh, a few weeks ago, I think)
that the problem happens not just on system tables.  I think 7.2.4 is
supposed to partially fix this, but ISTR that there is something
about it which can't be fixed without forcing a catalog change (which
forces initdb, and is therefore Not Allowed for dot-releases).

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110